Saturday 19 November 2011

Function and Form


Despite being a professional writer and seasoned blogger, it's another thing entirely venturing onto the virgin territory of the Poplin blog.

Poplin is my new line of luxury sleep and loungewear, based on a William Morris attitude to design: "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

Poplin is all about both- beauty and functionality. The collection has been designed to make you look impeccably chic while also feeling completely relaxed and comfortable.

The collection will be launching online very soon at www.poplin.co.uk and with a handful of select stockists.

Preparing for the launch of Poplin and this first collection has been a labour of love. Over the past year I have been living in Mumbai and travelling across India to source fabrics and find the best tailors. My background is in fashion and travel writing, and my exposure to great design and exciting destinations informs and inspires my designs.

So this blog will be part travelogue, part design scrap book and will allow readers to keep up to date with news and upcoming Poplin projects. I hope you enjoy it...

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lucy, I've been on the verge of purchasing some Poplin pyjamas for ages but can't decide which. I started looking at your blog this morning - then found myself two hours later having read all the archives back to the beginning (in my pyjamas aptly)! That hasn't happened for some time, so I thought I should mark it with a comment to say how much I enjoy your writing, your travels and images here. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete